I think it must be? I haven't measured yet, but in Canada, our Pontiacs used Chev bodies, just different trim, dash, and engine. The Chevs had 216s so I assume.....Hahahaha!

I was hoping to stumble upon a Flathead Straight Eight from a Pontiac, but they are few and far between, or even a Buick 8, but again, there aren't many around, and most guys aren't giving them away for free either... There is a Pontiac 8 here locally, with a 4 speed Hydramatic even, but the guy wants $1000, and the engine needs rebuilt, its just too rich for my blood.

This 239 six, was in a car running amuck until 2 years ago, and ran with no smoke, so I'm hoping to just do the bearings and rings and call it good! Of course, it all might change when I take the head off!! I guess in the 50's there was a Bonneville car run by Eddie Miller that was powered by a 239, I believe the blocks can be bored .120, and have heard of .187! However, the craziest I'll likely get, is if I stumble onto a Dual carb set up, and headers.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck