Dave,that would be a no-no,unless you cut a curved windshield in half and added a centre bar.
There is actually a discussion elsewhere on the 'bolt about this if that's what prompted your question.

The later one piece cabs used different roof and cowl pressings.
The roof lost it's peak at the front centre,and had a curved pinch weld area as did the cowl.
As far as I'm aware the rest of the cab was pretty much the same as the pre-53.
I have seen 47-53 trucks with a post 53 front clip and vice versa,so the front clips will interchange.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 04/14/2012 12:47 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.