Hello all,
I'm new here so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong question, or if there's already a thread for this (I did search for one).
I was doing some disassembly on my '46 GMC, and found there is a small light on the back side of the dash that shines through a slit in the middle of the dash over the switches and cables in that area. I didn't know this bulb was there, and am wondering if anyone knows what this is called, and how it operates? I'm wondering if it's wired in with the dash lights, or if it only works with the switch it's wired to under the bottom lip of the dash? It appears to be factory.
Also, is the dome light wired to work with the headlight switch?
Any help on how it was wired and how these lights worked stock would be greatly appreciated.
While I will be rodding my truck, I think these are neat features to retain to work as they would have originally.