I have a '68 Chevy with a 350. During my last post here, y'all gave me some good thoughts on my intermittent over heating and collapsing upper hose following the replacement of the water pump. I replaced the thermostat and radiator cap, and problem is now solved. I think the collapsed hose was a result of a vacuum forming (the radiator cap did not have a vacuum relief) after the thermostat finally opened and the coolant dropped in temp.

Anyway, my new problem is a serious loss of power at about 3000 rmp, usually around 65 mph, but sometimes more or less. I am concerned that by running it very hot a few times I might have done some damage?

The power loss is like running out of gas - a complete cough for several seconds until the rpm lowers and it kicks back in. If I just push it, it pulses, but gets worse.

Thoughts?