Buckstruck -

For the brands that I tested, semi gloss black is shinier than satin black.
Here are the results of my unscientific visual test:

GLOSS
RANK / / BRAND / / PART # / / DESCRIPTION / / SHEEN-COLOR (Notes)

1 / / Rustoleum / / 252462 / / Automotive Aerosol / / Gloss Black
2 / / Dupli-Color / / DE1613 / /Engine Enamel / / Gloss Black
3 / / Rustoleum / / 209584 / / Automotive Aerosol / / Semi-Gloss Black (Similar to R Semi Gloss)
4 / / Rustoleum / / 7798830 / / Protective Enamel / / Semi Gloss Black (Similar to R Auto Semi Gloss)
5 / / Dupli-Color / / DE1635 / / Engine Enamel / / Ford Semi Gloss Black (Slight grey tint)
6 / / DuPont / / A-5099S / / 1K Bumper & Trim Black / / DuPont Satin Black (Slight grey tint)
7 / / Rustoleum / / 7777830 / / Protective Enamel / / Satin Black
8 / / Dupli-Color / / DE1634 / / Engine Enamel / / GM/CHRY Low Gloss Black (Flat, slight grey tint)


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all