| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, dt235sd, JW51, GMCJammer51, MickeyP, Gdads51, 55shaker, D B Cooper, Southerntruck, 1 invisible),
140
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,151 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 785 | I'm no expert on the subject, so perhaps some online research will yield some more definitive answers for you. I believe they call it pickling (removing the scale) but I do know that soda blasting is not a good mix for paint adhesion either, so your baking soda suggestion would also need a cleaning. Where the baking soda will likely neutralize the acid, I believe a good bath using Ivory liquid and scotchbrite will then neutralize/clean off the soda. But again, please verify with some research, I have not done this personally to speak with any firsthand knowledge. | | |
| |
| |