I've been reading with great interest.
If I may jump in with a question.
I have a 50 1/2 ton
tank still behind the seat
converted to 12 V generator
2 different 12 gauges one brand new.
2 different fuel senders 1 brand new
Trouble has always been that when I power up, the fuel gauge moves from about 1/2 to E.
Even on the bench. Sender measures correctly from .5 to 30 ohm bottom to top.
Don't know how to test the gauge.
Read above about the good gauge ground and just bench tested it with an additional ground from battery to gauge case.
Testing from 12+ to 12+ side of gauge, S to sender center post, ground from sender housing to - battery post and additional - battery to gauge housing.

Always the same result. Gauge needle moves from 1/2 half to E when powered up. No matter where float is.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Last edited by Lampo; 03/28/2012 2:55 AM.

Lampo
50 1/2 ton project