Hi All,
After owning my 66 C20 project truck, Ol Green, for the last year and a half, I committed myself to getting the old 6 cylinder running last weekend. It had been sitting since 99 or so. It would crank okay, squirt gas and have decent spark, but would not fire. I pulled the valve cover and saw stuck exhaust valves.
I pulled the head and unjammed the exhaust valves with my favorite pursuader -- a brass hammer. The short block looked fine, but the pistons looked really small, about 3.5 inches diameter. The stroke seemed short, about 3 inches! I had believed that the motor was a 292, or at least a 250, or possibly even a 230. I checked the numbers on the head and the block -- it's a 194 ci!!!!!
My question: Did GM offer a 194 in 66 c20's??? I imagine someone way-back-when could have put it in. Since it's a bit worn, a found a ready-to-go rebuilt 250 64 to put in so I can get it on the road and send in my progress to the gallery!