I know that I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.
> Would you mind measuring the mounting holes and/or the mounting clips center-to-center on your 4-terminal block?
The Dual Horn installation instructions definitely sound like the 4-terminal block on the drivers side was standard. Were the mounting holes for the 4-terminal block 3" C-to-C? Or, was the 4-terminal block designed for 2-3/8" C-to-C holes? I couldn't tell in your pics, Greg. The diagram in the Assmbly Man shows the mounting clips on each end of the terminal block, which seems like they would require mounting holes 3" apart. The mounting holes on both sides of my '54 are 2-3/8".
The horn wire routing is new to me. I discovered the original mounting holes and nuts for it in the radiator support last week. My 12v universal horn was mounted on the top of the inner fender. I made a mount for it today so that I can mount it in the correct place. Since I have two new 3-terminal blocks, I'll run the wire directly to the horn so that I can get my engine bay back together. I can change to a 4-terminal block later and hook it up as shown in the Assmbly Man. Running new wires from the headlight sockets to the terminal blocks and ground screws on both sides this week. I'll use bullet connectors near the terminal block for the turn signal wire, or a connector like the one in Greg's drivers side pic. My wire colors will match the wiring harness that a previous owner installed, not the colors in the Assmbly Man. The pics helped a lot.
Thanks for your help and knowledge.
- Lonnie
My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.
OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all