I was at the local scrap yard today looking for a 2 sp rear and found a 6400 chevy headed to the shredder. Complete truck with a old feeder box in great shape. Makes me sick! Anyway, the rear end had a raised DTA CO in a diamond shape and stamped 5800 M 429 2 Y. As near as I can tell this is the rear I need for my 53 COE because the original is a single speed. Correct? After I looked at the rear end I checked out the cab (normal wear) but noticed a key in the ignition. Pop the hood and looking back at me is a new blue wonderful engine (I almost messed myself). I climbed on board and started to get a s/n and a taped up wire arced on the starter. What pops into my head??? Battery & Key!!!! Around the front I went and into the cab, key on, choke out, pump the pedal and off she went, purring like a cat. The engine number is F54N. 261??? I hunted down the yard boss and convinced him to let part out what I want before he shreds her. They won't sell the truck because of no title. Anyway I have Friday (playing sick) and half a day Saturday to get glass, engine, rear end with all the vacuum, bumper and whatever else I can find. My only real concern is the rear, Will it work and if I know everything I need to remove. Any ideas and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!