So as some you know I did my own electrical system from scratch...I followed most of the '51 truck diagram and added the push button from the '54 diagram since I got stuck on the foot starter that I am not using....
I got my truck running but got a problem with the ignition system and need some advise. I am using the original switch (3 positions) with a push button on the side. The alternator is a one wire and the starter has a "R" and an "S" Terminal...250 motor and all 12 volts....Below is how I wired it...
The problem is the ignition swicth is powered at all times with or without the key...I can push the button and it will turn the starter on all positions of the ignition switch....it won't shut off by turning the key...I do remove the spark plug wire going to the coil to shut it off...HELP!
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/jimenezdesigngroup/electrical.jpg