Ok, the nighmare continues, but I’m making progress. I have:

A thick red wire going from the pos terminal on the starter to the ignition switch. On the ignition switch, that wire shares the terminal with another thick red wire that goes to the Bat terminal on the voltage regulator. That thick red wire is spliced (inside the harness, with electrical tape), to another thick red wire that goes to what is probably the horn relay.

There’s another thick red wire that’s attached to the Bat terminal on the light switch, which goes to one side of the ammeter. There’s nothing on the other side of the ammeter.

The light switch itself appears to be powered by a thinner red wire with an in-line 30 amp fuse that’s spliced into an orange wire that’s in the main harness, and the orange wire attaches to a 2 terminal fuse block mounted on the firewall. The other terminal on the fuse block has a purple wire attached to it that goes from the light switch, through the fuse, to the tail lights.

It appears that the entire light switch is powered by the splice with the orange wire, but I have no idea where that orange wire goes, or where it comes from.

I want to get this set up correctly, but I don’t want to do something stupid that would smoke the whole wiring harness.

Any thoughs on the orange wire, or how exactly the light switch is getting power, or anything else for that matter?

Thanks…

Chris