This morning I cranked the engine to see if oil would come out of the hole. No oil. Lots of cranking and no oil. I'm thinking maybe the engine is shot. I decided to get it running and see if any oil would start coming out. So I fired it up and anxiously watched. No oil.
At this point, I'm thinking I need to find a place to store this truck. It was intended to be a quick (ha!) detour from another project I'm working on. I'm standing there, watching the hole, wondering who I can convince to let me store the truck at their place when all of a sudden the oil comes bubbling up. I nearly started singing the theme song from the Beverly Hillbillies.
It started off intermettent, then got steady. There's not a lot of force behind it but I suppose that's the way it's supposed to be. I have oil coming out of the holes in the top of every rocker except the front one, but maybe it will get up there when I accelerate. Here's a picture:
[IMG]
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/bohon/56%20Chevy%20truck/oilflow001.jpg[/IMG]