My "Multi purpose shop" is a finished 26'x28'two car garage with a longitudinal center beam, posted in the center. I used 14' diameter "Ag-Bag" which when split more than covers ceiling and 9'6" side walls. I ran strips screwed to the ceiling to hold it in place and along the outside wall which has some storage on shelves behind it. The center wall I screwed some 1X3 cedar at the bottom of the 'wall' and hooked up a simple roll up system with eye hooks and 50' of line, that way I can take the pressure washer to the truck (and the walls) or keep the dust level down in the rest of the 'multi purpose shop' when stripping paint.
I relocated a dedicated 2 stage whole house fan from the 2nd story attic directly above the garage door, to the garage door. It was mounted on a 40x40 plywood door so I ripped a piece of ply to fit the rest of the way and close the garage door and sealed the edges. It still works to cool the house in the summer and draws heat when I need it in the winter... A separate piece of plastic to close off the back 'wall' works for painting sessions.
I like the Ag Bag for its thickness, and how tough it is and I like being able to hose stuff down, make a mess, and be able to clean it up with out messing up the sheet rock (much)