| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 4 | So I have figured out my truck is most likely a 1942 1/2 ton. There appears to be a hand-made VIN stamped on the frame with 1942 stamped underneath it. The actual VIN number appears to have been assigned at some point to register the vehicle in the past. The original serial number is missing and I have no title. I am having trouble getting it registered, New Mexico pretty much says I am out of luck.
So I thought about using a titled chassis, perhaps an S-10 and swapping the body over. I want a cool looking daily driver and not so much interested in a total restoration. Well, I have come across a free '96 S-10 but it is a 4x4, could I swap my '42 body over on top of the 4x4 chassis?
Thanks, Rob
"He was a wise man who invented beer." -Plato
| | |
| |
| |