Guess I should sign-in & introduce myself and my truck. I'm a recently retired Project Manager/inspector & long time admirer of late 50's pickups. I purchased my '57 3100 stock v8 in ~1969 as a hiway tow-off with broken 265 for 75$, and used it as a hauler/daily driver thru 1985 then retired it & replaced with a 72 GMC K10 swb wide bed which is now well worn out (in storage) & replaced with 90 K10 suburban. The 57 is pretty much stock & is now in many pieces. The body is in the body shop now for renewal & I have powder coated the frame & will pull it into garage soon to install new running gear. Finding all the pcs in my garage ~20 yrs after dismanteling, has been interesting but they are all there somewhere! My hope is to restore to near org condition--not for show but just to have & drive, it is part of me. Thanks to all of you for this forum--it is easy to see that there are a 1000 years of experience with old iron to tap here. I will posts pics when I get time & enough courage to try it (all new to me)
Thanks again, delky, WY
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 8:55 PM.