I am restoring my 50 chevy 3100 and have a few things to do that will be somewhat of an upgrade. I am planning to change over to a 12 volt system and I need to replace most of the original wires. I was looking at the wiring harnesses available through classic industries. Their tech guy was suggesting to use the modern upgrade harness because of the improved fuse box but I keep thinking that i don't need a modern style(19 circuit) fuse box for this truck since I am not going to a v-8, no ac involved or any of the other circuits, not to mention the additional $200 cost. I was looking for suggestions about what would make the original style wiring better as far as adding a few fuses for safety?


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4