Have not had the GMC 9500 with the on the road since last fall, just pulling it out of the shop and putting the Ladder/Flag up on weekends.
It run good Friday pulling it out of the shop, then this afternoon, our son is showing a lot of interest in the truck (25 years old) and I encourage him to put the ladder down and park it back in the shop. Ladder goes down with out a hitch, then when he jumped in the cab, the engine starts to fall on it's face, lack of fuel.
We decide that it is in the yard and will be OK for the night.
Fast forward and I cannot leave it alone .

It is getting fuel to the filter, but the mechanical fuel pump that is on front top center of the moter is dripping and not pumping.
My question is, Can we stil get this top mounted fuel pump yet?
When I get one, our son will be installing it and I look foreward to the day.
Thanks for any input

2-Ton


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!