You might try:

http://csgnetwork.com/multirpmcalc.html

I like the bottom calculator as it let's you dial in your exact values. According to this calculator, you should be turning 2417 rpms@65mph. Just another tool for your toolbox.

IMHO you've got a pretty sweet setup....the 3.50 1st gear is going to let you stay in first a little longer than the S10 3.76 1st gear and the .78 is a bit lower than the S10 .72. You'll be able to zip around town in 4th gear and still stay within your torque band.

I'm running a 3.42 with a .72 and a 29" tall tire and 2000 rpm's at 65-70mph (with corrected speedometer). I can drop down to 45 mph in 5th and accelerate back up with traffic without a downshift. The cruise at 70 mph is effortless, vacuum gauge hovers at 14-16" at cruise and 20" at idle. There's plenty left with my tweaked 235 but I'm most comfortable at the 65-70 as I'm running the stock straight axle. The aero on these old trucks wasn't really designed for high speeds, and the air noise in the cab at 75-80 is annoying. Your setup should be a real hoot to drive!!! Have fun!!!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"