| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | I may be a little late with my reply. Not sure if your '56 vent is like my '54.
I inserted the rivet from the roll-up-window side of the vent divider. The head is on the roll-up side. The straight end with the hole is on the vent window side sticking through the new vent rubber. I locked a piece of 3/8" plate in my vice and sat the channel that the roll-up window slides in over the 3/8" plate. This provided a backer for the head of the rivet.
Stuck the pointy end of the rivet setting tool in and over the hole in the rivet and pounded away. Have someone hold the vent assembly firmly on the 3/8" plate while you hammer.
I was surprised that it was easier than I thought that it would be.
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | |
| |
| |