I too used to get quite bent out of shape when I read about certain mods but I've let that go. We're on earth such a short time and that makes us caretakers of these old vehicles, who knows what's going to happen after we've gone and leave the truck to someone? In my final analysis I please my self and patiently answer questions and endure comments of others like, "When you going to paint it?", "If it were mine I'd...", etc.
As a daily driver only vehicle of a '49 Chevy 1/2 ton I am in a rare club and I know it. My '62 overdrive unit is the greatest creature comfort I have, hidden stereo for 2 thousand mile round trips is nice, a cheap 12v fan to help cool me in the summer and reversed, in winter, help to defrost the front w/s. Radial tires make it ride like a dream on stock wheels, no tubes.
I do think others opinions and choices make us sharp and consider options or not for our own projects.
Peace to you brothers and sisters.
That's me lower right at The World Stovebolt Headquarters .