I have a 1960 stock 230 hp 283. Long story short, I have problems with oil sucking up from the lifter galley into all 8 intake runners. I'm on my 3rd set of gaskets trying differnet things. Everythuing is flat, clearenced, angles matched etc. On the last set of gaskets, I run it for about 5 minutes and quit for the day. When I looked at it the next day, I could see looking between the valve cover and the edge of the intake, that the gaskets were wet for about 1/2" out from each of the intake runners. Now I'm almost wondering if the carb is bleeding down, and soaking the bottom of the intake gasket, and this is why they are leaking? It seems strange that all 8 leak through the same amount. I use sealer on the ends of the intake, not gaskets. I'm running an Edelbrock Performer carb on it that I bought new. I don't have another one to try out. Also on a side note, years past the intake gakets used to have stamped on them "this side up". I don't see this anymore, what was the reason for that? When they are leaking, I get smoke when I start out, and it will go through a quart of oil in about 250 miles. It will be alright when I first change gaskets, but then start up again in about 300 miles,Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.