I have the front ( 1st ) cross still and the rear ( 3rd ) attached to my bed... The second cross still is supposed to be mounted 13 1/2" towards the rear from the front cross still... This would leave 37 1/2" between the second cross still and the third cross still... By bed floor is 3/4" CDX Plywood I believe that the second cross still was moved to just behind the rear shock as there are holes in frame and wear marks that match the cross still... I will be using the truck to haul wood etc in ( heavy weight at times )... Moving the second cross still to just behind the rear shook would be good because it would be less distance between the second and third cross still ( about 25" instead of 37 1/2" )... It would seem that it would be less stress on the wood bed with this set up...

Any one with a 54 or 55 1 st have the holes in the top of the frame just behind the rear shock or their cross still mounted there ?

I could not find how the cross still were mounted in the Assembly Manual, the only mounting reference I could find was on Mar-K web site 1954 Chevy Short Stepside ...



1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974