I'm just taking my emergency brake apart to overhaul. 1941 1/2 ton chevy. The bolt that the entire handle swivels on is about 5/16th but the hole on the ratchet it mounts to must be 1/2" or bigger. Can anyone tell me if that is correct or do you think I'm missing a bushing in there, I'm guessing on a bushing. Second question, on the top release handle does the spring work with both cross bolts ie.does the coil in the spring have the cross bolt going through it and hook on the other cross bolt. Third, is the rod going from the front to the rear straight, mine is bent quite a bit, not sure how much it should be. Dave
Last edited by homer52; 12/06/2011 2:22 AM.
1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now