I wanted to share a little about me and my new project. We live in west central Indiana. My work takes me all over the state (I am a field service tech for a cat dealer)and i see all kinds of thing that would make a good project. I found this truck behind a barn near logansport. Walt parked it there him self 30 years ago. had i not been there working on a machine it would still be there rusting away. I offered him $100 just to break the ice. He said "$150 and you haul it off". Well it took us (me and my wife)till the weekend to get back there with a trailer. (from the pictures in the link you can see my work truck) Had I not had the crane it would have taken a wrecker to get it out of the hole. I was amazed, five of the six tires were still holding air. Once it was up on hard ground, we had to block the wheels so it wouldn't role down the hill. the interior is ROUGH to say the least. the odometer shows 40,??? miles and i'm pretty sure it's original. There was no air cleaner on it so i figured the engine would be locked up. the engine turned over by turning the fan. On the way home, we made a couple stops to check the chains. three different times people took pictures of it on the trailer. Once we got it home, I couldn't wait to get at it. I pulled the plugs and the carb. filled the cylinders with tranny fluid and turned it over by hand what felt like 1000 times. fortunately it was 12VDC, I put a battery in and the blower motor and the lights came on. I stepped on the starter pedal and she rolled away. (got so involved i forgot to put it in neutral.) Put the plugs in and cleaned out the carb. No fire, no spark. NAPA had it,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil, points and condenser. So after the tune up. and a refresher on how to adjust points. it fired up and ran with no smoke or knock. We got it moved into the barn so I can get it torn apart over the winter. The goal is to get it painted and back together by summer 2012. Hope the link to the pics work.. http://photobucket.com/cattech1950

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 12:56 AM.