| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, 3B, Jon G, Gdads51, NJC, 2 invisible),
104
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,369 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 8 | Hi I'm new here and to owning a stovebolt engine my 1950 Chevrolet motor was no good when I purchased it I found a add in craigslist for a 235 for sale .the motor rolls over smooth so I removed all the spark plugs and looked inside the holes the cylinder walls look really nice recently cross hatched and the tops of the pistons ate new no carbon .I think I scored a good motor for 350.00 but when I got it home I found that I have a 1958 261 engine block with a 1956 cylinder head from a 235 .I'm kinda confused here because what head gasket do you use are the heads the same .should I look for a 261 head . the guy I baught it from told me he got from a co worker that told him it runs it looks like it will run but will it run properly . | | |
| |
| |