Thirtyniner,
I appreciate this. If you do find the keys, I need to know pretty much the exact sequence; counter clockwise from the open position, or the closed position, and more or less how far beyond a given position.
Also, is there some hidden spring loaded trip that needs to be actuated?
I don't have a key, so the picking process is rather frustrating.
I just spent another hour of so messing with it, but no luck. I don't think my picking process has improved, either. There may be junk in the lock that makes that a bit problematic, too.
I was able to loosen the jam nut on the back, and that did expose a spot on the threaded portion that is open to the lock cylinder. I suspect that has something to do with it...maybe the waffers have to be aligned with that spot. I will again try to pick beyond either open or closed to get to it.
Thanks,
Gary
PS: I did email Belsaw, the company that has a locksmithing course...that I completed in about '72 (all I ever got from the GI bill). A tech called this AM, but only to tell me they have nothing that goes back that far.
Last edited by ggfossen; 11/18/2011 6:11 PM.