| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,099 Posts1,056,499 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 82 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 82 | I put a 327 in my '49 way back in about 1985. I fabed boxing plates for the inside of the front frame rails & made tabs frmo there to the side mounts. I used an m21 4 spd with a mount from the rear crossmember to the tail shaft. I left the center crossmember in place, but the motor is not attached to it. I did move the steering box out about 1.5 in. This set up has worked great for many years. Good luck.
1949 chev 3100 3 window. 350hp/327/m21 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, power brakes, 3" dropped axle from Sid's. Disc brakes next.
| | |
| |
| |