So here I am the owner of a 1946 GMC 3/4 Ton. The papers say its a 41 but the plate on the cowl says ec-152 so its a 46. I created my user name before I found out. Anyway...
My truck is awesome. This is my first post here. I need help with the wiring. The guy I bought it from had started a 12 volt conversion. It runs and drives. The lights and all the accessories are not connected. I have started running the tail lights wires. The front parking lights have had the old single bulb sockets removed and two wire ones installed. For now I dont plan on having turn signals, but I think I have the stuff you need to install them. The invoice that came with the records says he bought the stuff. I just not sure what they included with the kit to be used as a signal switch in the cab??? There is a toggle switcth that says on and off in two possitions each. Is that it? So I figured I would just go with parking lights. How do I connect the two black wires from the the parking light socket? There are no numbers or markings to indicate anything other than they were made in Taiwan.
The kit came from Jim Carter. The instructions say connect wire 5 to the right parking lamp wire??? But the light fixture wires have no markings?? So If I coulld get this part done I would be very happy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/daniel1060/46GMC006.jpgMy 46