I spent much of the day researching this, and I am no closer to a conclusion than I was before I started. I got very little information that agreed with any other information. I did find out though that there is a whole lot more to it than just zinc. The whole oil "recipe" plays various roles in obtaining the fuel economy, emission standards. Even the amount of detergent, and which type of detergent can affect the load capacity of the oil. I found cam companies that said only use 20 or 30 weight non detergent oil for break-in, some say 30 or 40 weight, some say 10w30 is fine, some say never use multi grade. As far as those break in oils mentioned above, are you sure these are intended for a flat tappet engine? There are very few if any engines produced since around '97(?) with flat tappets. (that is something else I found out) All I can really find out is they say you must have the "proper amount of zinc" with multitudes of various proprietary formulas for sale. I had just gotten to the part of what the actual amount of zinc is considered "proper" when I had to stop. I have a stinking suspicion there will be considerable disparity in this arena as well.
As far as crane cams go, Harvey Crane was fired from his company, and crane is now basically S&S cycle, which as you may or may not know caters mostly to Harleys. And (this will probably get a few remarks) Harley seems to be quite behind the times. (I don't care for Harleys)