Hi all! I just joined stovebolt but I've been a long time lurker. Anyway, I'm flying out Wednesday to pick up and drive back my new (to me) 1954 3800. She's stock with the small exception of bucket seats and the big exception that the previous owner put in a 350 (the original 235 is in the bed though). The story behind why I'm getting her is that about a year and a half ago, I was about to buy a 53' 3100 but then I decided I'd rather get married instead so I used the money I had saved for the truck for a ring. Low and behold, I've been married 10 months and found this beast and my wife says go ahead with a smile (gotta say, I hit a homerun marrying her). Anyway, it's going to be an adventure. The ole girl (the truck not my wife) still has her original 5.17 in her so I'm expecting no more than 50-55 for a 1,000 mile trip home (I live on the real Eastern Shore of Virginia). I think this is going to be one of those "I can't believe I did that" memories. So that's that, can't wait to be a new tonner.