OK! Thanks, again for the help! I fixed the problem! Of course it was the U-joint. Or more exactly, the fact that some idiot (ME) didn't follow the directions and didn't use any gaskets / shims between the ball collar and the transmission. RTV just wasn't enough! The universal joint yoke was banging away on the bell.
In advance, I ordered up a u-joint repair kit from Jim Carter's. That was a mistake! Unless you are a master at pressing in bushings, I recommend not attempting this! I ended up having a friend with a machine shop fixing my misadventure. Those Argentinian bushings did not want to go into my yoke. I pressed so hard I even bent the yoke.
I would have been better off just putting in some gaskets.
And no one seemed to have the gaskets in stock. I am not one to wait around for parts, so I got some gasket material from Napa and cut 4 of my own. that was the easiest part of the job! She's back on the road, thanks to the information on this site!
unbroke


Can U believe it? My wife says: "I want an old pickup truck" so I HAD to buy it!!
'50 Chevy 3100 5 window.