Ok, I have some basic knowledge of aligning the front hood and fenders on an AD, but I have a GMC with an annoyingly goofy grin. If you look at this picture http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/Twotone_photos/My%20truck/IMGP1253.jpg you can see that it curves all the way up at the corners and comes within 1/16” of touching the fenders. In this picture the grill is hanging from the center two bolts at the top only. I have to push the grill up at the left and right sides in order for the other bolt holes to line up. The hood latches fine and is good at the fenders but you can see that the latch panel that the grill hangs from is much too low in the center which then pushes the center of the grill down into that goofy grin.

To complicate things; there is a small panel in front of and at the base of the inner fender on both sides about level with the valance panel to direct air toward the radiator that looks like it is hanging too low at the outboard side. as if the fenders were setting too low. Yet at the rear of the hood it looks like the front of the hood could come down a bit.

I’ve seen the same grin on other AD (or rather ND) GMCs but not after a restoration, so I know it’s common enough and correctable. I just need to know how.