Very good engines, I have one in my '59 Big Bolt that I've owned for six years. They have great torque, I have hauled several loads of rock over four tons, and many loads over three tons. It's also very dependable, I can let it sit 5 or 6 months and it'll fire right up.

Go to Inliners (Inliners.org) and you will find out that they can also produce a lot of horsepower as well, and are very desirable. When it comes to parts, stock and high performance parts are plentiful.

When I no longer need my '59 Big Bolt, the 292 is staying with me.

John

Last edited by J Lucas; 08/25/2011 4:00 AM.

~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!