Hi all, This Spring I purchased a mostly original 55 S2 Burb. My short-term plan is to return it to running condition without major mods. It is currently in spray can gray and appears to be relatively rust free and straight. It currently has a small block with an SM 420 behind it. It's actually pretty close to drivable; given that it sat unused since at least 2003, (It ran when he parked it.)
As part of my project I need some parts,(surprise!) Most critical is the seating. I have the original driver's front seat and most of the jump seat. The only parts that seem to be missing are the curved tubes that mount to the floor mounts and the floor mounts. If anyone has those bits, or at least something for a pattern, it would be appreciated.
Is there a pile somewhere in the universe full of socks, Suburban rear seats, and main bearing caps?
Thanks guys for a great site and any help you may provide. John