Trying to hook up shifter and need some advice. I've got a 53 3100 with 62 261/3spd/OD. Got the engine and trans in OK as well as a 58 10 bolt rear. Now I'm trying to figure out the shifter issue. 62 bell housing does not have a provision for a bell crank so 53 column shift assembly I bought doesn't seem like it will work.
Another bolter has a 58 column shift assembly complete with the shift rods he is willing to sell. Will the 58 column shift assembly fit on my 53 3100 steering column?
If not will the 58 shift rods fit my 53 column shift and reach the 3 spd trans. OK.
Trans is a 4 bolt side plate with shift arms facing down. I'm guessing its the stock 62 3spd that came from the factory.
Thanks for any help,
Jerry
ps. tried a 3 spd floor shift and its shift rods won't clear the overdrive stuff hanging out so that is not much of an option.