| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 368 | Members: I ran a thread about a noise in the engine compartment...But i think I found it. While driving it today I heard the noise again...I bent down and grabbed my clutch pedal and it stopped. I let it go and it started again...a rattling noise. I parked it and looked under the hood. The pedal has a short bar thats connected to a arm that goes behind the flywheel area ( clutch arm ? ) anyway.. the small bar that attaches to that arm has a loop that is squished so it stays attached. on the other side ( part that attaches to pedal arm ) is just bent and pushed thru a hole and a nail is holding it from coming off...like a poor mans cotter pin. that is the area that is rattling around.. My question is...Is there supposed to be some kind of rubber bushing that holds it in place and keeps it from rattling? and then put a washer and cotter pin in to hold it? it looks pretty Caveman as it is..Oh Yah...does it need a return spring ? Thanks | | |
| |
| |