Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a 55 gmc 100. I purchased this truck as a backup work truck and as a fun toy. It fired right up after I first bought it and I quickly rebuilt the entire brake system and hit the road.
it ran perfectly for the first 4 days and then on the 5th day, it refuse to start, if I floor it it will run on what seems to be two cylinders. it will only stay running if I hold the pedal to the floor, if I open up the spark plugs, they are black and sooty. dark smoke comes out of the spark plug holes if I open them up after running it on two cylinders. is this an ignition problem or fuel? I'm not sure.
the carb seems fine and squirts gas out of the usual spot normally if I activate the throttle. The filter is clean, the tank seemed a little dirty but I took it out, cleaned it and put it back in. it's pretty rust free (thank you Arizona) I hope you guys can help me I really want to install some more appliances with this bad boy because I tend to get tipped more when driving it! sounds crazy but I noticed a difference in just 10 installs with it.
any help is greatly appreciated.
Toby in Flagstaff AZ