I wanted to share with ya'll the tailgate I did to get a visual of the old worn out orange paint job I am trying to replicate on my '65 Chevy truck. I figured the inside of the tailgate was a good place to do that.

Starting with a freshly sandblasted tailgate the first step was rolling on (yep, used 4" wide roller) 2 coats of red-oxide primer and then spraying (Rustoleum rattle can) 1 coat of orange top coat.

The links below show photos of what it looks like after sanding with some 320 grit. I need to knock down the gloss in the crevices with some red Scotch-brite pads and maybe scour the entire thing with some Ajax and a scrub brush.

Unconventional... yep. But I am pretty stoked though about how this is turning out.

[IMG]http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/46439/2193913170103882008S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/48848/2260709130103882008S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]


More details can be found in my build thread, listed below.

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 06/29/2011 1:57 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.