Denny - From my humble research you are correct in that the hydraulics were in the powerglides and the solids in the shifters. My 1957 235 "swap made in heaven" was a pos with the powerglide attached. The only problems encountered other than the obvious flywheel and water pump was something that came up yesterday; that's the pilot bushing from the tranny to the flywheel. Apparently there is a slight difference in the O.D. Phillip, at Patrick's, told me that I could find a 235 bushing at my local FLAPS. The one provided was the same as my original so it was out to the machine shop for a schochi turning and installation of the harmonic balancer.

Hope this helps in some way. I'm out to Lue\'s Blues for some liquid refreshments and good music. grin


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.