My better half bought me a USA-630 radio for Christmas to install in my '65 C10. Everything worked perfectly until I changed over to an HEI distributor. Now the USB will not work when the truck is cranked (everything else works perfectly). I took the radio out, call the manufacturer and told them the issue. They said to send it back. I did and they could find no issues with the radio or USB adapter. I hooked the radio up at the battery when I received it back and the USB worked perfectly (truck running). I thought GREAT. Well when I installed the radio back in the dash, it would do the same thing as before. With the ignition on, it works great. When I crank the truck...no go on the USB. I am thinking the HEI is interferring some way with the USB...in fact I know that is the case. Do they make any kind of shielding that I may could use the keep the radio circuits shielded from the HEI. The HEI distributor is right against the firewall (close to the radio). There was no problem with the USB with the points distributor. Any suggestions at all are welcome.
Last edited by valk2001; 06/11/2011 7:09 PM.