Hey guys- picked up a 55 second series 3100 a couple weeks ago to haul my two wheel projects around and I've been taking in all of the great stuff in this forum! So many decisions. The body has very little rust but dings all over and a crap paint job. The motor sounds like a sewing machine but clutch needs attention. In such a short time I've considered everything from restoration to camaro clipping with a late model sbc... Much of it still in the air, but I've decided to stick with the 235 for now. Its got an HEI, double barrel carb and I want to add some goodies to her as is at least until the body gets some work. I have so many questions and so many issues I want to tackle.

First, she Grinds when warm. Probably some of it is me, but although the PO claimed new clutch, there is about 3" of free-play the pedal and it's at the end of adjustment. The shroud has definitely been off recently and bolts are new, but it feels like it should allow me more clutch. The manual states 1.5"

She also waltzes the road with true grace and beauty. And as much as I love dancing a pretty girl across the dance floor, I'm afraid considering my past history I'll be pulled over for a DWI with or without alcohol involved. I'm reading up on this issue now.

and last (Silly question) is there anything I should know at my first oil change? The manual has nothing on the actual process but without a filter I was just going to drain the pan and fill it with some 10/30. Actually it doesnt even show qty...

Any ideas on the clutch? Suggestions or comments welcome and TIA. I look forward to being here a while.
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/truck1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/truck2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/truck3.jpg[/IMG]