Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,531 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#75113 03/21/2007 4:04 AM | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | I give up! Now we got 10 bolts in the cover and 10 bolts in the pumpkin and 10 bolts in the ring gear. I guess I should have heeded the old adage, “if it don’t stink, don’t stir it!” We started out with two interpretations and now we’re up to three. Funny, every time I go to the sites that specialize in rear ends, they always show the rear covers when they identify a rear end. After spending a few days looking over Drivetrain’s site a few weeks ago I thought I had it figured out, but a few of the recent threads on rear ends made me wonder. Drivetrain says; “The following figure presents differential cover/cover gasket shapes. Counting cover bolts and cover shapes is a common method to determine which ring gear diameter differential you have in your rear wheel drive vehicles.” So when I hear 10 bolt, 12 bolt etc. , I‘m gonna assume the person generating the question or reply knows what he is talking about and that they are looking at the cover and counting bolts! Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| Denny Graham | 03/20/2007 2:22 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| 64fleetside | 03/20/2007 2:28 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 03/20/2007 10:58 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| rusthater | 03/20/2007 11:37 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| carolines truck | 03/21/2007 12:00 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| OldSub | 03/21/2007 2:32 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| Denny Graham | 03/21/2007 4:04 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| OldSub | 03/21/2007 6:07 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| 5wests | 03/21/2007 7:12 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| truckernix | 03/21/2007 11:31 AM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| Achipmunk | 03/21/2007 4:02 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| mummdogg | 03/21/2007 4:09 PM |
Re: 10 bolt, 12 bolt, 14 bolt, whaaa???
| Denny Graham | 03/23/2007 1:14 PM | |
| |