I'll see what I can do. It's derusting now, I'll deal with the chrome next.
It was left outside upside down with pieces parts in it for quite some time before I got it, inside was rusted pretty bad but looks to be cleaning up quite nicely.

It's a reasonably rare valve cover for my Detroit 4-53. Early on they made them just a few years that said "General Motors Diesel" then after the company name change all the later ones say "Detroit Diesel".
I'm not likely to find another one any time soon, at least I haven't yet in the several years now I've had my eye out for Detroit parts.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-