| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 | For those with 1940 trucks, or 39/41-46 for that matter, what did you use for a gas tank if you've relocated it under the bed? I wanna get mine out of the cab and under the bed. I've looked at the universal kits from chevsofthe40s and was also considering having one custom made, but I wanted to know if anyone has found anything cheaper that works.
I thought I heard somewhere that 1st gen camaro/firebird tanks work nicely. The filler neck looks like it would have to come out the back, but it looks like it would have to be mounted kinda low to make the filler neck come out between the bed and bumper. I'd like the filler neck to come straight up through the bed.
Any ideas?
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
| | |
| |
| |