I put the new rochester B carb I got from Holley on the truck today.

I adjusted it using my old vacuum gauge. The needle was a little shaky. I took it out for a ride. It stumbled a little so I picked up a new vacuum gauge which was more stable. I adjusted the carb further and it is much better.

The 235 gave me about 20% more power now that the head is fixed. The new carb gave it about 10% more.

I took the truck out for a few errands and ran the highway. When I got back I checked the plugs and they were nice and tan.

The engine (carb) makes a funny sound if I hit the accelerator hard from idle. Just a 1 second high pitched squeak (almost like a whistle). Anyone ever heard of this or know the solution?

Thanks
Rich



1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53