"Again it is a matter of opinion & would take a multi million dollar grant to a research institute to establish whether it is "snake oil" or not."
Wrenchbender, I've learned my lesson and I will keep to myself what I've learned from my reading of credible sources of scientific information. As for the test of lubricants themselves (not the test results) there is a standard fixture for doing the test. It consists of two steel balls rotating in opposite directions and pushed together to load the lubricant under a controlled pressure for a controlled period of time. Then the wear on the balls, if any, is measured to determine the oil effectiveness. That is "science".
It's a lot like what is done in my profession of engineering geology where specific testing devices and test methods exist to test the physical properties of soil and rock, stuff that many people call "dirt". The test results are then used to determine slope stability and suitability to support building foundations. Often non-geologists dispute the test results saying "I don't see no problem. Looks OK to me" or words to that effect. In other words, they value personal opinion over test results. In America, that is their right.
I initially became interested in the subject of lubricant oil testing when I started racing off road motorcycles with 2-stroke engines in the late 1960s. Then, as now, there was a large range of premix oils available varying from the inexpensive mass produced products of the major oil companies to small batches of very expensive "boutique" oils. There were also many unscientific "opinions" concerning the best premix oils and fuel:oil ratios for best lubrication and maximum power output.
The most wear resistent oils can be determined with the counter rotating ball test and the oil that produces the highest horsepower can be determined on an engine dynomometer with all of the oils mixed at different ratios being tested. This results in a set of facts that often differs greatly from some popular but untested "opinions".
I valued those findings and used them in my own and in my sons' race bikes.
As for stuck engines being "freed" by various methods, I personally would want to find out WHY it is stuck, whether there is any permanent damage like rusty cylinder walls and/or crankshaft journals and/or camshaft-lifter surfaces, and then repair the damage rather than brutally popping rusted surfaces apart then letting rust rub against rust.