I don't have enough experience with IFS conversions to offer an opinion on that, but it sounds like an interesting approach. Once we've got a round track chassis in racing condition, we just tweak the sheet metal to clear everything, so clearance doesn't become an issue. Your system sounds a lot safer and more reliable than the sub-compact Mustang II system most people choose to butcher up a stovebolt with. I'm sure someone with more experience that I have with IFS conversions will come along and offer their input on this one.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!