OK, here is something wild. I found a really nice mid 70's Mopar, torsion spring front suspension already welded to a late model GM truck frame. It's pretty cool to say the least. Splicing the two frames together would be easy because the width of the frame rails where I need to make the joint are almost identical. My concern is about the front and rear track widths. I have 4, Chrysler 15" steel wheels with 235-75R15 tires on them. This is about the size tire I would like to run on the finished product. The front track measures 59 ½ inches with these tires and rims installed. From outside of left tire side-wall to outside of the right tire side-wall the measurement is 68 ¼ inches. Can anybody tell me if I am going to have clearance issues or fender rub with these dimensions?

Now for the rear. I plan on using a posi-traction GM rear from a 1985 Trans Am. I measures about 60 inches from hub to hub. In order for me to use the Mopar wheels on all four corners I need to use wheel adapters to change the bolt pattern and center hole register. The adapter is not the problem. There is a company that makes high quality pieces using T6160 aluminum. Two adapters will add
1 ½" to 2” overall to the rear track. Can anybody tell me if this going to be a problem as well?

I really like this front end because it is different and the ride height is easily adjusted. I also like the big 11.6 inch disc brakes, power steering, wide frame rails, and heavy duty components. I have not committed to anything yet, but I could use some help making this decision.

Thanks to all that reply.

David