| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 66 | Hello All, Melvin, I took your advice and took the door latches apart. I resprung (stretched)the slider springs and reassembled. Some improvement but not good enough. I then noticed the wear on the end of the door handle (square end). I inserted a tap where the bolt goes and mig welded the square where worn. I then ground and filed until the square fit tight with no slop into the latch. This corrected the droopy handle syndrom. Now I realize that mig is soft but at the age of 63 I think it will outlive me. | | |
| |
| |